mardi 10 octobre 2017

The Scribbles Have Mayhaps Risen From the Dead?

Well.

It's been a while, hasn't it?

A lot has happened since the last post:  On the 'artistic' front, some more projects, followed by an almost complete cessation of commissions, due to my being fed up with the repetitive nature of the projects, and a decision to focus on projects that would allow me to develop various skills and techniques.  An attempt (so far unsuccessful) to learn to paint and draw; this will be revisited at some point as well.  A renewed interest in scale modelling.  And, lastly, I have begun learning to play the clarinet.  The latter won't be covered here, most likely.

On the personal front, a move from Oshawa to London, due to a slight change in employment circumstances; a return, then a hiatus due to injury, then a return, then another pause due to personal circumstances, and finally another return (at another club) to kendo; and the beginning of a relationship.  Followed by an engagement.  Followed by a breakup.  Ah, well.  Such is life.

Oddly enough, through all this, "I should work on the blog" was one of the few constants.  And its lack of work was another constant.

But, with time slowly healing the emotional wound (although, as is my wont, I pick at the wound like a scab.  It's healing, but slowly, and it will leave a permanent mark to show experiences experienced), or time wounding the heel (it had to be done.  Mea culpa.), I started thinking about this again.  And broadening its scope.

The initial intent of the blog was to record the methods and ideas behind my various projects.  However, due to the nature of many of these projects, the method became "I found a pattern, I picked a font, and I added the same text as usual," and I felt the blog was becoming repetitious.

While I will fill in the gap of projects completed in the four years since I last posted, this is no longer going to be solely a calligraphy project blog.  I don't know if it'll also become something of a journal (although that mess is probably kept away from the internet's permanence), but from here on out, with me working on different art and craftforms (calligraphy mainly, of course, but also scale modelling, and hopefully learning to do illumination, as well as paint and draw), it'll be mainly a platform to talk about my different projects.

So, in the words of Emerson, Lake & Palmer's "Karn Evil 9: 1st Impression, Part 2",

"Welcome back my friends
To the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend
Come inside! Come inside!"

See you again soon!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire